Crawford County is accepting applications for a Board Member to serve on The Phoenix Center Community Service Board of Directors.
The Phoenix Center provides behavioral health and addictive disease and disability support services on a residential, crisis and outpatient basis to persons meeting criteria. The governing board is appointed by the County Commissioners.
Board Member Requirements
- Attend 50% (monthly) or 75% (quarterly) of the scheduled board meetings. The board meeting schedule will be published for the entire year at the beginning of the fiscal year. A conference call-in option may be available for all board meetings; however, each board member may call in for 2 of the 10 meetings per year. No meetings are held in July and December.
- Serve, actively, on at least one committee of the organization, attending scheduled committee meetings (the schedule will be published for the entire year at the beginning of each fiscal year) and carrying out activities within the committee structure.
- Set policy and strategic direction for the organization, as a board.
- Abide by all policies and bylaws of the organization.
- The term of a Board of Director is for three (3) years.
Meeting Times: Board of Directors meets on the 2nd Monday of each month, rotating between Houston, Peach and Crawford Counties, at 12:00 p.m. Lunch is provided ant each meeting and last approximately two (2) hours.
You may pick up an application at the County Administration Offices (478.836.3782) located at 1011 Hwy 341 N., Roberta, Georgia or you may download application from our website. All applications are due in the County Administration Offices by December 2, 2016.